TADSA volunteers are passionate about creating positive change
TADSA was founded on the idea that volunteers with engineering and other technical skill sets could use them to help lift people from dependence to independence. There are many ways to contribute to making this vision a reality. One of the best ways to become a TADSA volunteer and support our bespoke assistive technology service and Freedom Wheels bicycle program. Call us on 8261 2922, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the technical volunteer application form.
Code of Conduct
To ensure that everyone has an enjoyable an enriching experience, TADSA volunteers are expected to bring a spirit of respect and integrity to their engagement with TADSA. Our Volunteer Code of Conduct guides our Volunteers as they contribute to TADSA’s mission and vision.
Current volunteering opportunities
Technical volunteers design, tailor-make or modify things to suit the needs of the client. Technical volunteers work out of their own sheds in their own time. Consequently, you will need access to your own workshop and tools. Typical technical skill sets include: –
- New technologies
Freedom Wheels Volunteers
Freedom Wheels volunteers custom build or modify bikes and trikes for children, young adults and seniors. Typically, they are experienced bike mechanics and cycling enthusiasts.
Freedom Wheels (FW) Program Coordinator
(Download duty statement here. To apply please email email@example.com)
The FW Coordinator manages the process for all inquiries which may lead to a Freedom Wheels bike or trike order in a formal manner. These processes are guided by the FW Coordinator under the oversight of the Project Manager from initial inquiry through to project completion and delivery. Project follow-up completes this process. Typically, the FW Coordinator role requires: –
- Good phone and general communication skills
- Advance computer skills (MS Outlook, Access Database, Excel and Word)
- Available at least two days a week (office-based in Gilles Plains)
- Some experience in stock control, ordering and purchasing
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of bikes/trikes/cycling helpful.
While TADSA is based in Gilles Plains, we are always looking to expand our service access through a network of regional technical volunteers. We can support Technical Volunteering in all regions of SA.
TADSA Volunteer Benefits
- Give your time in ways that align your skills, interest and experience
- Engage with like-minded people committed to making a difference
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses (for example, materials, mileage)
- Covered by comprehensive volunteer accident insurance
- Work in your own workshop in your own time.